View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Hormone Replacement Therapy

After discussion with my GP about things like depression and vaginal soreness, she started me on Estrogen vaginal pessaries and cream.

She suggested oral HRT for me but I refused because I haven't had any bad menopausal symptoms, and another reason I didn't want HRT is because my mother died from cervical cancer, and my cousin is being treated for breast cancer right now. Both no-nos when it comes to predisposing causes of cancer, when HRT is introduced.

I've had bowel cancer and a basal cell cancer myself. My father and brother died from different types of cancer but I don't suppose that's relevant. I think my family history of cancer is too great for me to think about HRT when maybe it's not that necessary.

But.....after telling my doctor that I didn't want HRT for all the above reasons I see when I read the warnings on the literature that comes with the cream and pessaries, all the same risks of oral HRT are relevant with the pessaries and creams, and my family history of cancer practically precludes me from using them.

With all of these risks in my brain, I did however decide to try them for a little while. Those along with the Evening Primrose Oil that I also take.

I've been using these pessaries and cream for 2 weeks now and I've broken out in acne!

I wouldn't have thought that hormones introduced vaginally would have the same effect on the body.

Are things like acne normal reaction to someone starting HRT, and if it is, does the acne go away?

We're talking about a 57 year old Grandma with acne here! I ain't 17 any more!

Last edited by Koala77; 07-06-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote