View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I know a bit or two about compulsions. I used to weigh over 300 lbs.

I never thought I was obese (yes, I truly never looked at my body, nor did I admit to myself that I was (even at my BIGGEST).

I now wonder what the heck I saw when I looked into the mirror, all those years ago. I saw a pretty face. Never looked below the face.

I was once sitting in a beauty parlor (I must have been in my early 20's) when the shag haircut was in vogue.

A guy walked up to the stylist who was doing my hair and said quietly into her ear "She looks like a female meatloaf".

I thought he was talking about food and I never made the connection UNTIL I found out who Meatloaf actually was, and what he looked like.

Did that give me a wakeup call?? Of course not.

Why some of us get the wakeup calls or the lightbulb moments sooner or later, well, when they figure that one out, they will earn a million dollars.

But I finally got my brain wired correctly and I don't use food to self medicate any more. I don't even get that hungry any more. And when I do, it's fish and veggies. And I like salads.

Maybe because I'm diabetic and don't use anything with sugar. But 7 years ago, I did have my bingeing at night (once in a while) with the ding dongs and the cupcakes and the ice cold milk.

I remember how it made my brain feel. All nice and woozy. Like nothing would bother me. It eased my stress.

Thankfully, I haven't done any of that in over 6 years. I do not eat after 7 p.m. and that's the way it is. It's just better for my weight, and my sugar is cooperating. I don't get any lows (I'm lucky in that department).

I wish I had some of my "former" photos. Never took many way back in the day. Wasn't proud of how I looked.

Isn't it funny, that as we OLDER, we get SMARTER???

LOL

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-10-2012), GladysD (07-07-2008), Wiix (07-06-2008)