View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile to get to the best

Sally, I had had 8 neurologists before I get the "right" doctor for me. And the first few appointments, to tell you the truth, was a bit humiliating. And at my hospital, all the medical records are kept electronically, so any doctor could access your whole medical records, related or unrelated, everything. So the hide and seek game just wouldn't be possible. One of my previous neurologist's note made me look like a jerk. So I can't blame any doctor to be suspicious of me. All I could do is to hold my face high, try not to be upset (at least in appearance), and try to look friendly and innocent (i know it isn't easy). I also learned this in a hard way. I knew that all the doctors would read that note, and I knew I have to prove that I'm not what it may appear in that note. my only chance it to give any new doctor a chance. I was also humiliated at first, as i said, with my current neurologist, but, he wasn't cruel, he was fair - considering everything. And with time I grew to trust him as he grew to trust me.
agnuscrucis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote