View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
I just had a friend bring me a DOA puter where the pwer supply failed....it took out the motherboard when it went. The thing that kills things like motherboards and things in your puter is fluctuating power. So if the motherboard fried....you can almost bet there was gonna be sumthin else not to far into the distant future
that's really food for thought there...really appreciate that!!

hey o-steve,

I think the chips will always try to out compete with one another...one minute, intel, one minute, AMD.

I think intel's a bit ahead in the bunch right now, but I think AMD will make a comeback soon.

there are a few kids on the block that is under the radar right now...I think the Korean manufacturers are going to be the wave of the future as it stands. They are having that tech summit soon, aren't they?

My professor who has become a good friend of mine (he's an engineer) told me that when he worked at Charlotte, NC. They were working on a chip that is so fast that intel and AMD has nothing on them. But they couldn't get anybody to invest in it. He was awarded something in Pakistan few years back...

oops, going off topic again...sorry....

now, semi-conductor...how kewl was that!!

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote