View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 03:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nikki, your garden sounds like it will be a very calming place to relax. Can't wait to see some pics.

My dad always bought live Christmas trees and it was our turn to get the tree for his last X-mas before he passed. The tree is now almost 10 years old and is going strong.

When we put our pool in the workers didn't understand why I would spend 600.00 to have it moved. I tried to explain how important it is to me but they just shook their heads. I am so thankful to hubby for not complaining about the money to move it. He loved dad as much as the rest of us.

I also have one of his rosebushes out front. When mom had to sell the house I went over and dug it up. I also put one of his big rocks he had next to it. My dad collected rocks, I even have his old coffee can half full of rocks that he wrote "rocks/ valuable" on it. They are just rocks (who knows since he worked at the test site, they may be radioactive LOL) but every time I see that can I get a smile on my face.

Oh and I pick up a rock to take home from every place we go camping. Hubby calls me Lucy Remember the Lucy episode where she filled up the trailer with rocks?

Anyway, I rambled but thanks again for happy memories of dad...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (07-11-2008)