View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenne View Post
I am located in Northern Virginia--suburban Wash DC. I can see civilian Dr's but I would have to pay a co-pay or get authorization from my case manager (like HMO manager). I am still waiting to hear back from them.

My first choice is to go to Walter Reed. Despite the bad press, I've gotta believe unfortunately there's lots of folks with mTBIs and ear problems there--blast injuries. Maybe I can find an ENT with experience dealing with head injuries and he/she could find the answer.

I believe my injury is due to the blast or something released during the blast (chemical allergy maybe?). Chances are if it happened to me...there's someone else suffering from it too.

I've heard possible problems ranging from a CSF leak to nerve damage (i.e. damaged nerves are causing the eustahian tube to shut), to a small hole in my inner ear--Fistula. These are all on the internet....my ENT has suggested NOTHING and has rebuffed my request to have her test for these conditions.

Nate
Yep. You're probably right. My ENT is in NYC but he used to work at NIH in DC. I could ask him (if I remember) if there's someone in particular he could recommend. He' s my hero right now so I'd trust his recommendation. It may be all I can do but I'd like to help if I can.
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote