View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No, I don't smoke. Thanks for the answer. I know there is something wrong, I just don't know what I can do about it, I don't have any insurance or anything. I just hope it doesn't progress too much.

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Erin,

Your description of what is currently happening is not normal if an extraction site has healed properly. It sounds like you have an infection in the area where the tooth was removed. It may also be in the jawbone and yes, it does sound like there is an opening up into the sinuses.

You need to have that area of your mouth looked at because there is definitely something wrong there. I know you are short on cash right now, but this may not be something that can wait.

Infection in the jawbone as well as in the sinuses are progressive unless they are treated in the early stages. Since it has been going on for 6 months, I'm not sure an oral surgeon will be able to close the sinus perforation. It may be wise to see an Ear Nose and Throat Dr to rule out further sinus involvement.

By any chance did you smoke after this extraction or do you smoke now?

Oral or sinus infections can be very serious and both will most definitely affect your overall health. It would be wise to find a way to get an appointment with an oral surgeon and an ENT dr as soon as possible.

Please let us know how you are doing!

Bryanna
ErinB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote