View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

How are you doing Weeble?

These issues are not fun!!! I try the most natural route possible as I don't want to add any more meds to my daily routine. While meds can be great, they can cause other issues as well. As an example, I have a small amount of urinary retention. The urologist did say that I could take some med for it if I wanted to. However, it creates bowel issues as well as some other not so pleasant side effects. Since I really am not having too much trouble and have not had any infections, I opted not to take the meds. Why create new problems, right?

I was eating oatmeal every morning and that was just not doing it. I then added prune juice slightly warmed in the micro and things started to improved. Then another MSer reminded me of All Bran cereal or something similar. It works! All Bran cereal & my warmed prune juice have worked wonders. Plus, I get the added benefit of the other nutrients in the cereal and prune juice.

As for the urinary frequency . . . Although, this may not be the case, but sometimes being constipated causes urinary frequency.

Either way, you should discuss both the constipation and the urinary frequency with your dr. Together you can come up with a neurogenic bowel and bladder management program which I have found to be extremely helpful thus far.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Last edited by tkrik; 07-07-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
the Bird (07-07-2008)