View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DD finally dx with non-verbal learning disability... anyone have experience with this

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, my 8 yr old dd has a learning disability.
We've struggled with this for 2 yrs... she is homeschooled because of this.

Well after receiving her psychoeducational test results today her doctor has said that she has Non-verbal learning disability..

It wasn't a big surprise to me since i thought that she might have aspergers or be mildly autistic.

She will complete her report and have recommendations for the school.

She has said that dd's math will always be a problem, her writing will not improve but will get worse.

She suggested that the school make available to her a computer for her work.

She will also have problems with maps and directions... she has NO sense of direction.

She also explained it as if you give someone a rubix cube and they will turn it turn it and finally they will figure it out.
But with dd she can turn it and turn it a 100 times and she will still continue to make the same mistake...

So that explains why i have to tell her it seems a 100 times not to do something... she does it anyway...

I'm anxious to learn new stragedies as to how to help her, it will be a tough battle but we're on our way...

So if anyone has any thoughts please feel free to chime in.... i won't be offended.
misshayleesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote