View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

I hear you Melody. It worries me to see people "living" on the computer. If I had a choice, I wouldn't be here. I'd be outside playing!!! Oh wait, today's Monday - I'd be out there working!!!

You did what you thought was the right thing, and it probably was the right thing to do. No one warned us back then how addictive these games would be on our children. Marketers weren't concerned about people trading in their lives for their products.

Gambling/gaming is just as addictive and destructive as alcohol/drugs, but BOTH are heavily marketed as a way to "get away from it all." The warnings about addiction don't really mean anything because addiction sneaks up on a person. People think it will never happen to them because they believe they can keep it "social."

Have you ever seen a little kid say "I want to be an addict when I grow up!" or "I want to hide in my room when I grow up!" I haven't.

I'm so sorry this has happened to your son. As a mother myself, I know how it can tear you apart when all you can do is watch from a distance. I hope he can find the help he needs - whatever that may be.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-07-2008), allentgamer (07-07-2008), Ivy2 (07-07-2008), MelodyL (07-07-2008)