View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow will be leaving soon...

Well the time is here! Our target date is Sat 12th.
But I have already started cutting back internet time.
We will be back sometime during the first week of September if all goes well.

It is a huge job getting ready, and organizing it.
This year we had the misfortune of having the City dig up our whole street, to put in new water main and sewer. The result was interruption of water service, not being able to park in front of our home (no usable garage), and having my garden torn up.
We've just put it back together. It was a huge painful project.

I am putting up my Vacation Avatar now, as a reminder.
If the weather is ugly on Sat we will postpone until Sun etc.
So you will see me here a bit longer, but not much longer.

These pictures show some of the work, and the final repair, we just did this weekend. I had to buy new stone at a stone yard, and while doing so, I almost fainted there... a new nasty development. I am hoping it was blood pressure medicine + the heat that day. But I am concerned, as I had 2 other events at stores recently! And my doctor wants MORE blood pressure medication, which we fought over last visit!

The first picture is the work crew digging up our front, including 36 inches of my garden (we park our cars in this spot) looking for our water service. They wouldn't listen to me so this took a few hours (it was done about 5 yrs ago when our main ruptured) They finally found it, and reconnected to the new main that was installed across the street.

First photo--- the digging for the water main and our water line.

2nd photo-- this is different view. I lost my last slate step, and the slate that served as a path along the road. This path is necessary for the winter, when ice and snow make it very slippery and dangerous to get to our cars.

3rd photo-- our repair. The stone I found just before my almost faint--- is a dark quartzite, a beautiful stone, with amazing glittering mica which when dry is just gorgeous. It does not show that in the photo, but believe me, it was worth the effort and .37/lb it cost.

We will try Wifi stuff again this year. Last year was disappointing, but if the library did indeed get it, and if the tourist center is working better, we may connect while intown doing laundry and buying food and other necessities.
If anyone has a specific question for me, please send a PM.
I can find it more quickly that way. I have found in the past it is almost impossible to find things in threads. There can be so many of those!
I will also check email before this forum, so those of you who have that can send emails.
I do NOT have all my files on the laptop (that is basically my husband's computer), so I am limited a bit on what I can do.
But still I can still read here a bit now and then, and perhaps have a helpful comment when needed.

I'll update this thread, when I actually leave.

I took two of our feline girls last Thursday to get their Rabies update vaccine.
Our 15 yr old Tippy had an almost fatal vaccine reaction to this...and I guess she just
used up one of her Nine Lives! So I am somewhat stressed this week. Tomorrow I will be
taking Sheba --20 yrs old for a check up, but NO vaccine...so I hope that goes smoothly.
She has lived 4 yrs longer than predicted 4 yrs ago...so I don't know what the vet will say or do.
I sure hope there is no push for euthanasia.!!! sigh.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-29-2008 at 06:07 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote