View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you ladies.

I didn't realise that the vaginal route would bypass the liver so I daresay there's a lot to be said for using that way if you think of in that context. I always knew that medications administered rectally were well absorbed and usually absorbed quicker than the oral route, so why not vaginally? I just didn't think of it in that manner.

That was terrible about that murder verdict but I thank you for sharing those links Mrsd, even though I wasn't able to access the Medscape one. I hope you enjoy your vacation, and I thank you for taking time out to answer this question for me.

Thank you as well Kathi.

The Vagifem pessaries I was using are 250 micrograms of Oestriol, where the Ovestin pessaries I'm on now are double that at 500mcgs of Oestriol, and the Ovestin cream administers 15G of Oestriol in each application (I think).

I don't know if those doses are large enough to exhibit hormonal changes like acne, but I daresay it would be possible if used in large enough doses. I'll let you know if I get sore breasts!

Does anyone know if Evening Primrose Oil would cause hormonal changes as I haven't been taking that very long either?

Thank you for your replies.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote