View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
just being on the same track as a legend, let alone (briefly) leading him is an experience to be remembered for life.

100 sub 4 minute miles, what an achievement.

Neil.
134 sub 4 minute miles to be exact. John had a stunning career as an athlete which spanned 25 years. Fast forward to 2008 and I think Walker is innacurate in terms of losing his last race too Parkinson's.....Walker's words......."I am in a race I cannot win"-----he obviously does not know there are 42 Parkinson's research programs currently burning the miidnight oil to advance the improvment, or cure for Parkinson's. Two of those research programs involves Neurologix www.neurologix.net
and Ceregene www.ceregene.com Both companies are developing seperate inititives in Gene Therapy. Neurologix are currently in phase two of their GT trail. In 2003 we all saw the research developing which has the FDA fast tracking their current research.

The initiatives currently developing exponentialy should produce fantastic results now and in the near future. Walkers comments opitimizes yesterdays thinking. The Michael J Fox organisation have teamed up with legendary business mover and shaker Andy Grove who took Intel to market leader in computer chip advances. He will bring that same attitude to science. The fact there has been no avances in treatments for Parkinsons in 40 years. Sinemet has been around since the 60s and the world has moved on. Expect huge developments now that Grove is involved. Gene Therapy treatments by 2010? Fingers crossed.

GO HARD>>>>SCIENCE

Last edited by Howardh; 07-08-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Howardh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote