View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart MrsD....

Thank you for your response!

I have not known exactly what to say about it all.
I am still processing all of this and looking forward to more testing.

We do have more testing to complete. The neurologist truly suspects M.S and/or a similar CNS condition, as well. We have not been able to prove that yet. However, we also have more testing to complete.

This has been a long history of trying to find the cause(s) of chronically disabling illness for many years. More is showing up in testing this year.

This neurologist has done more testing (more quickly) than any neurologist has ever done! I am grateful to have him available to assist me at this time.

We are going into surgery, hoping to find we can stop the atrophy in the left hand/arm. (We are not sure of all of what we will find.) We can certainly take a shot at it... and see how it goes.

Oh...and regarding your many thoughts about mitochondrial involvement in neuroapthies (as well as in other conditons), wanted to let you know that my neurologist had suggested I take up to 400 mg. of COQ10 per day!

(Note: I am not recommending this to anyone. I do not know if this will be beneficial to anyone else, nor do I know the dosage most appropriate for others. Plese do inquire with your docotor, however!)

I have taken this over the years, but have never had a neurologist suggest it to me before! They have never agreed to even talk with me about it before, although I was clearly telling them I take it and find it consistently helpful with daily functioning over the years.)

Interestingly enough, I'd had a brother with similar problems and he'd had the same surgical procedures on his arms. His hands had atrophied. He'd also had peripheral neuropathies. I am not sure what would have happened with him, as he'd passed several years ago. (He did not pass from any nerve-related condition. He'd had an abdominal peritonitis.

There may be a hereditary component with this, we are not yet sure.
Nobody else in my family is showing any of the same symptoms at present (or to date).

Thaks for your response, MrsD, it means a lot to me!

I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I, too, will be thinking of you!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote