Thread: Finally!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Finally!!!!!

Don't know how to put this elegantly, so I'll just blurt it out!!!

I WENT TO THE BATHROOM.

Good Grief.

I had been having some (what's a polite word for irregularity??).

Oh, there's no polite word.

Since June, when stress hit me big time..well, it affected how I went to the bathroom.

Drove me nuts.

I had never had a problem. I would go to Dunkin, I'd drink some coffee, I'd go home, I'D GO!!!!!

Since then, I've had to resort to other measures to HELP me go.

Some days it was 4 days, one time it was 5 days.

So I bought the Benefiber. Took it wrong initially. Took it once a day.

Read the bottle. It said two tsps 3 times a day.

I mixed it with Crystal Lite Orange Drink, and finally took it the correct way.

I also took stool softners.

Now during all this time, I had no pain, no grumbling, (lots of flatulence, though).

But no actual discomfort. I also (for two weeks) was not eating normally, because I under-dosed my Lantus because I could not read the syring and gave myself 16 units instead of 18 units).

When I realized THAT was was my sugar was 300 one afternoon, I made sure I did the syringe right but I also literally ate half of what I was eating.

All that helped to bring my sugar down to normal, which it now is. I don't get the dips when I don't eat, so I gather I'm lucky in that department.

And Cornell knows I don't eat after 7 and my body reacts just fine. Been doing this for well over 2 years.

But, being a diabetic I don't eat fruit which is fiber.

So thankfully, (and I thought I WOULD NEVER GO AGAIN), I did go this morning. Feel like a million dollars. You know the feeling.

I had spoken to Alan's nurse a few days ago and she explained about the colon and digestive system, and that diabetics have a little slower digestive system that the normal population. I've been diabetic for 20 years so I thought 'oh, no, this is because I'm diabetic??"

But she explained that I have to drink lots of fluids, and take my benefiber, and eat my veggies (which I do). She said 'your digestive system will kick in, now go and eat your Probiotic yogurt". Which I did.

I also thought to myself "Oh, I'll eat my yogurt and I'll go to the bathroom tonight".

Not gonna happen.

I said 'what is all these 10 days challenges"??

All bran (take the 10 day challenge).

Activia (with Jamie Lee Curtis). She says: "Eat Activia, you'll get things moving".

But they don't tell you that you won't move the next day.

The nurse explains that the body has to be in balance and it all has to work in sync.

Well, obviously I've been out of sync.

Hopefully, I'll be syncing up soon.

So here's to HAPPY SYNCING for all of us.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (07-08-2008), tkrik (07-08-2008)