Thread: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there. I believe dry needling is a form of accupuncture. It should help your pressure points around the neck/shoulder. So will physio. Over the last 8 months, your neck has likely tightened up quite a bit.

I am about 8 months after concussion as well, and what's working for me is understanding what sets off symptoms, and NOT doing those things. Always resting BEFORE I'm tired and pacing my activites. Because of my personality, I have to plan for breaks.

I worked with an agency to figure out my baseline for how much I can work, and how much exercise I can do (which was almost nothing to start with) and then am gradually adding a little bit at a time. I had to cut back initally. Also, the Effexor is a big help to me and physical therapy, especially neck stretching exercises. I'm doing desensitizing exercises too, to retrain my brain to motion. These are really helping me deal with travelling in cars, buses, etc and dizziness. Lastly, I'm working on relaxation exercises (deep breathing, etc.) to keep myself calm. I do believe I will get better now, but I sure can relate to your feelings.

Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorecontact View Post
Thanks for your response! It is really nice to hear.

Not much has changed lately . . . I went off all drugs for a few days and then started Neurontin-- but had a very bad reaction to it so just stopped that. I am doing physical therapy and just started something called dry needling to work on some pressure points. anyone used that?

I will go on some different meds soon after the neurontin gets out of my system.

And friends . . . Things are better with some of them.

That's really good to hear that your daughter recovered! Very encouraging

Happy 4Th!

-Elsa
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote