View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's very depressing. I know there is a problem and there is nothing I can do about it. I'll just have to wait until it gets so infected and bad enough for an ER visit. I can't afford anything else.

I wish the dentist would have been upfront with me and tell me that is what happened. Six months ago I could have gotten it fixed. Now I'm jobless and have no insurance. What am I supposed to do? We're barely making it on my husbands salary, we don't have anything extra to be able to fix the problem.

Anyway, I'm just venting. I know it's not your problem.

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Erin,

I asked about the smoking because that can prevent an extraction site from healing. Glad you don't smoke!!

I understand your finances are tough right now. However, this may not be something that should wait any longer to be diagnosed and treated. If there is an infection in the jawbone with sinus involvement, it can be very difficult to cure depending on how extensive it is.

You might be fortunate and it might be able to be easily remedied. But you won't know that until you get a diagnosis.

There is nothing you can do to alleviate the problem on your own because it sounds like the area is open into the sinus. Is there anyone who could help you out with paying for the visit?

I wish you all the best...... I understand this is a stressful time for you and this issue has you very concerned. Try to take care of yourself and get in to see an oral surgeon and ENT dr as soon as you possibly can.

Bryanna
ErinB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote