View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sinus perforations and oral infections can be serious

Erin,

I understand how depressing and scary this is for you. I also understand the financial aspect of this as well. Perhaps you could pay with a credit card??

I am surprised that your dentist did not inform you of the sinus perforation (if that is what it is) or give you any other reason at your follow up appointment why the surgical site is still open and oozing mucus. From what you have described, you may (or may not) already have a serious infection that is draining into places that you are unaware of. I am trying not to frighten you with too much information here, but I urge you to get it checked out.

My suggestion to you is this........ If you can be seen at the ER by an oral surgeon and/or an ENT dr, then perhaps that is what you should do. OR, go back to the dentist who pulled your tooth (pay nothing until he gives you a clear diagnosis and recommended treatment and your problem clears up) and ask him why you are getting mucus out of that surgical area after 6 months and mouthwash out of your nose when you rinse. He is obligated to complete the treatment that he started with you which originated with the extraction. He is not legally allowed to ignore your complaints of a legitimate physical problem which may have resulted from his dental treatment.

Erin, please hear me when I say it is not a good idea to wait this one out. A serious sinus infection can travel to any organ of the body including the brain. Please don't wait.

Let us know how things go......

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
It's very depressing. I know there is a problem and there is nothing I can do about it. I'll just have to wait until it gets so infected and bad enough for an ER visit. I can't afford anything else.

I wish the dentist would have been upfront with me and tell me that is what happened. Six months ago I could have gotten it fixed. Now I'm jobless and have no insurance. What am I supposed to do? We're barely making it on my husbands salary, we don't have anything extra to be able to fix the problem.

Anyway, I'm just venting. I know it's not your problem.

Erin
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote