View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Vet bills...Sheesh...

They are getting soooo high.

Today we took Sheba for a checkup---she is 20 yrs old.
I worry about taking her on vacation, now, more than ever.

She seems okay to me, but does limp. So the Vet last Thurs said better to bring her in....

HEART murmur and too fast a beat! Without an Echo..and blood work (which we will do when we get back) the prognosis is still bad.

On a scale from 1-6 in severity of pathology, the vet's estimate is 4. She made me get some prednisolone incase the arthritis flares or Sheba gets a bee sting (those ground hornets etc)... to take with. $97 GAD...

We are to keep her calm... she travels pretty well, sleeps mostly-- I catnip all 3 of them.

But her teeth were okay.

Tippy is mad at me...giving those pills. She figured out the tuna trick, and now I have to pill her. I got scratched today doing it. Tippy is too old for anesthetic, so I hope this medication works. It is difficult pilling a cat with sore gums...how to hold her head, mouth, without bothering her. I bought a injector thingey, but haven't tried it yet. I am coating the pill with butter...she loves butter. But it is not helping much.

Tooth issues seem very complex. And I just have a feeling that this is a money maker for some vets. (as vaccine issues make people less likely to get them, another money making avenue must present itself?).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-08-2008)