Old 07-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisC View Post
So today my neurologist called. Unfortunately, I missed the call but my mom took it. I would have had some questions for her, but I just finished my autonomic testing this afternoon (the machine broke 3/4 of the way through last week), so maybe I'll have another chance to talk to the neurologist soon.

Anyway, the skin biopsy came back normal. I have no idea what this means. I'm glad, of course. Normal's good. It just left me with questions in my mind about "what does this mean?"

I guess I'll wait for the autonomic testing and take it from there.

My PCP ran a heavy metal panel yesterday as well as a lyme test. The lyme test I had before was just a "screen" he said, so I was glad I asked.

Best to you all,
Kris
It means something else may be causing your symptoms.

There is a very negative thing to consider...paraneoplasia.
I bring it up only because I am leaving and cannot follow you.
I ran into a woman I know this weekend who had lung cancer...and she is still in remission--a rare thing. But she told me this weekend that she was just diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer, and had NO symptoms.

Sometimes people with a hidden cancer develop neuropathies before the cancer gets big enough to cause overt symptoms.

At your age this is not as common as in an older person, but younger people are showing up with cancers now.
The most common types are ovarian and lung cancers.

I am sorry to have to bring this up...but it should be considered.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote