View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question gee whizzz...

I don't know what to think anymore.

It used to be if you took your cat or dog in to have the ana[ glands squeezed...it was part of the vet exam bill.

Today...the vet cost was $47.00... for her to listen to the heart and tell me the dire news.

Then to squeeze the ana[ glands it was $27.00 extra.
The rest was the prednisolone tabs and the injector thingey to give the pills =$97.00

My own internist only charges $70.00 for an office visit, with no tests...with no insurance.

This same place did not charge me for the extra monitoring for the vaccine reaction last week. I only had to pay $13.00 for the steroid shot. (it was $110.00 for 2 cats, two rabies vaccines and one Benadryl shot + the vet exam charge.)

I certainly don't understand it at all. I can't say what you should do for your cat's teeth. Perhaps get another opinion?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-09-2008)