View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi CZ,
I'm no Dr. but from what I've learned over the yrs. A coma, MS, a bad scare, drug & alcohol abuse, genetics, a bad blow to the head and trauma are the main things that can cause sz.
I know everyones body chemistry is different but when I was taking topamax the drug increased my sz. to 23 sz. in a month just like the drug neurontin which I later found out the company making that drug had over $240 million in lawsuits against them for how it's messed up people really bad.
If I may ask when you have your sz. are you aware of everything that's happening at the time and have you noticed uncontrol of the arms and upper parts of your body jerking around. This is what happens to me when I have a myoclonic sz. and it always happens about 15-30 min. after I go to bed or when I get up in the morning. Your RSD may be bringing on the sz. but I can't tell you for sure. My best advice to you is to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day cut back on the starch foods and carbs. and stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it like diet soda. It's been proven that nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain which can lead to sz. Start eating foods high in fat or check out the ketogenic diet. This is a diet that builds up keytones in a person body and the keytones stop the sz. To get the best help I would advise you to go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at university hospitals and see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy). Also get a calendar and write down each time you have these possible sz. along with a discription. If you are sick make a note of that also because sometime when a person is sick with a cold or virus it can trigger sz. Also some people are affected by a low pressure in the weather triggering sz. Take note of all that and you may see a pattern as to what time of day/night you have any possible sz. and what days of the month you are more likely to have sz. Here's wishng you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote