View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default oy vey, yet again

Computers are tricky and it's easy to offend or sound like you're saying something that's not quite the way it sounded in your head. Sometimes I feel people get indignant about something they're read, when the writer was clearly saying something else. SO....Lara, even though you copied what I wrote:
Okay, folk, if you don't have pn and have been posting here, I'm curious---what brought you to this thread? What's kept you here? Not that I am disinviting anyone AT ALL. I LOVE THIS THREAD. I love how many people are exploring and talking and joining the talk. It's fabulous. But I'm curious.

You answered:I also didn't realize one needed to have a condition in order to post on particular forums. It kind of implies that I was asking non-pners to go away, when I certainly was not.

Glenn--you know me, and I feel hurt that you'd imply I was asking people to leave: I was not aware anyone specifically NEEDS to have peripheral neuropathy to post on this board or in any particular thread in it you said.

I don't want to feel defensive that I'm a nice person, and I feel I have to here. So, everybody....I am a nice person.

Last, about profiles and such. I'm not demanding anybody do anything; I am suggesting that if your signature does not contain something which gives a clue about you, you could put something in your profile that does. I'ts NICE to be able to know a bit about who one is talking to, when one's memory is not all that fabulous.

Lara, you say: As for putting something in my profile listing conditions. I'm sorry, I have never done that anywhere on the internet and don't intend to start. and I feel like you're implying I was asking for you to post very personal info. I was not. Really. I am a nice person. Really.

I have a particular interest in PN; that's one of my conditions, and it's nice to know who else is here with PN. Or whose father or hubby or friend has it. Just to round out the picture. I put my major problems in my signature.

Anyway, I'm done defending myself. If my suggestion feels helpful to anyone else, great; if not, that's okay, too.

And yes, this thread got WAY off topic, but I found it became an item of amusement embedded in the pn community, and I have enjoyed reading about everyone's antics and perceptions of SL. Really, it feels rather like a travelogue, and it's got a lot of good humor to it. It's brought me lots of smiles and chuckles.

Okay, 'nuf on this. Again: not telling anybody to go away; not telling anybody they must give away precious personal info; not telling anybody anything. Just making suggestions and being curious. Wow.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote