Thread: Finally!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'm curious about something. After going to the bathroom today (normal stools, not loose or anything), I had a salad at 1:30 p.m.

So I had breakfast at 8:30 am. and a salad for lunch (lettuce, tomatoes, button mushrooms), with some extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper.

Nothing after that until my dinner. I usually eat at 6 but sometimes it might be 7.

Well, I felt funny at 5:30 p.m. I said 'take your sugar". I took my sugar. It was 65.

THIS NEVER HAPPENS. NEVER.

I don't think I drank a lot of water from 1:30 p.m. till 5:30 p.m.

It was over 90 degrees outside and there is no air conditioning in my house (only the bedroom), and I was in the kitchen.

Now could my sugar reading have gone low because I went to the bathroom (a lot), didn't drink lots of fluid in the heat. I immediately put a half slice of pita bread in my mouth and drank some Crystal Light (with splenda), and felt just fine in a few moments.

I have rarely had this happen to me. I have lost more weight. I am now only on 19 units of Lantus (down from 46 with two metformins) from 4 years ago.

Two weeks ago, Cornell put me down from 22 of the Lantus to 18, but I screwed up the syringes and have been giving myself 19 and got my sugar down to practically normal readings.

But then at 5:30 pm. I see 65. Since this hasn't happened in YEARS, I can only assume, I didn't have enough fluids in me.

Comments welcome

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote