View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

WELL!!!! didn't I get an education today!!!!!!

I learned about Crack cocaine. About heroin (poppy seeds), when I read about where heroin comes from the first thing I thought of was "Why don't people just buy the plants and ground up the poppy seeds??"

I knew NONE of what I read. Food was my choice, not drugs or alcohol.

One thing that I'm curious about. Kids today know more about alcohol, tobacco and drug use than we ever did back in the day. They just know more stuff.

So when I read the following:

"Medical consequences of chronic heroin abuse include scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses (boils) and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease. Lung complications (including various types of pneumonia and tuberculosis) may result from the poor health condition of the abuser as well as from heroin's depressing effects on respiration. Many of the additives in street heroin may include substances that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs. Immune reactions to these or other contaminants can cause arthritis or other rheumatologic problems."

WHY THE HECK WOULD ANYONE PUT THIS STUFF IN THEIR BODIES??

I'm dead serious. Don't teens know that this stuff could kill their blood vessels, and give them a slow death?

Why would anyone say "Oh, I'm going to do heroin, I'm sure I'll like it"??

I ask this because THERE HAD TO BE A FIRST TIME TO DO THIS.

These people are not 7 years old. These people read and write and know stuff, don't they??

I am dead serious here. It's like when teen decides to smoke because all his friends are smoking. But today, it says right on the pack of cigarettes "Cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health". or something similar. What do these people think "I'll put a butt in my mouth, I'll get a buzz but I won't die....I can't die, I'm immortal".

Same thing with Crack, heroin, whatever. Kids know what this stuff is. It's worse than tobacco right?? I mean tobacco is LEGAL. Bad, but LEGAL!!!

This crack cocaine, heroin, etc. is not only illegal, but it's DEADLY.

So why do people START in the first place??

I'm really curious.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY