Thread: Finally!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Benefiber has no sugar. First thing I checked when I bought it.

This morning I went to Dunkin Donuts and had a Whole Wheat Bagel with light cream cheese. And my usual coffee.

Some days I have an english muffin with an egg on it.

I don't eat a lot anymore. Nothing even close to what my husband eats.

I don't get that hungry in the hot weather. I do have to remember to rehydrate though. Every night at dinner I have a piece of fish, and some veggies, and of course my salad.

I don't eat any red meat (not for over 15 years). Don't miss it.

I don't like turkey burgers. I don't eat pasta. I don't eat anything white. You would think I'd weigh 100 lbs but no sireeee, not this girl. It takes me a long time to lose weight. I have about 35 more lbs to go, but it's no biggee.

I just eat what I eat, the people at Cornell are happy with my weight loss and if you think about it I used to be on WAY more diabetic meds than I am now on.

I just don't like putting a lot of food in my body when the weather is this hot. But I know I have to eat. So I eat light. At least I think I'm eating light.

For lunch sometimes, I'll have some grilled chicken on a bed of greens with small cherry tomatoes. I love this. Today, I forgot to put the grilled chicken on it.

Can you imagine?? I used to weigh 300 lbs and today I forgot to add the grilled chicken.

I'd probably forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body.

I would love to be a vegan, but I don't think diabetics are good at being vegans. I think we need more protein from the fish or chicken..

I'd do it in a heartbeat if someone would say. "yeah, Mel, you don't have to eat any chicken or fish anymore, just stick to veggies."

But I know I can't do that. We need protein.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (07-08-2008)