15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Confused 2 Birds in the Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
this looks a lot like your two but its s white crested

how are the babies doing? how are you doing twink

It sure does, Frank! Lots of downy fluff on that one.

I'm doing fine, thanks. Babies are getting big and have been stretching their wings.

This morning I opened the laundry room window so the birdies could get their breakfast delivered by Mama bird. Well, I was trying to get their little tail feathers clean and one popped right out the window. Oops! She had a safe landing and I brought her back in.

Then, the other one decided to fly to a nearby pine tree! Donna is more developed, so I thought I'd let her stay there for the day while I went to work.

Then my grandson called and said she had flown back in! He was gone when I found the 2nd one (Sat. night), so was totally amazed that we had 2!

Later on Donna flew away again and Maxie soon followed. I looked and looked for both of them. Finally found Maxie in the snowball bush, so brought her in for the night. I imagine she'll be out the window again tomorrow, but she's not as strong, so thought she could use one more night at the B&B.

Interestingly enough (at least to me ), the parents gave me clues where their baby was. They are so territorial that whenever I'd get close to Maxie, they'd swoop down and chatter like crazy. When I'd walk away, they'd calm down.

So it was like playing a game of "hot and cold." "You're getting hotter," their chatter would tell me! And sure enough, there she was, just sitting quietly. She voiced her objection that I caught her, but decided it was okay when I brought her in and fed her some juicy mealworms. *yeeeck* And the pet shop lady said to be sure to cut their heads off so they couldn't eat thru some organ and perforate the birdie's insides!

So, I imagine this will be the last night I have a birdie in my laundry room. I have really enjoyed learning about them and noting their differences. Time to cut the apron strings!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-10-2008), Alffe (07-09-2008), bluenurse (07-09-2008), Doody (07-09-2008), JessieSue (07-09-2008), Kitty (07-09-2008), mrsD (07-09-2008), weegot5kiz (07-09-2008)