View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I cant get the internet with my laptop at the moment. Everytime I try to log into my home page, that's when I get the message that the system has detected a worm...so then it blocks everything coming to my IP addy for the next half hour.

I shut down the computer's wireless card so that my computer can do a virus scan.

I'm pretty sure it's some sort of denial of service attack. I'm hoping my boyfriend can talk me thru fixing my laptop in the morning. I really dont want to pay Best Buy a bunch of money tomorrow to fix the laptop.

Right now I'm using my 5yr old laptop that has practically no programs on it. I'm seriously annoyed at the Google/Toshiba website right now. (that's the site that kept giving me the worm attack. The browser wont let me change the homepage, and no other browsers will open for me

I'm going to try to download McAfee to another computer tomorrow and see if I can transfer the program over to the laptop with a pin drive or something.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (07-09-2008)