View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cervical MRI Results-Help Interpret Please

Hello All,

Newbie Pain in the Neck here. Have had increasing pain in my neck for about/over one year and my doctor finally ordered MRI. Haven't slept through a night in about 6 months because every time I move, the pain wakes me up. I could go on...I'll just stop and say it hurts-a bunch. FYI: 45yo Female

I have the results of my MRI even though I have not heard from the doc yet. Posting this message cuz I'm hoping someone can help to clarify what I have before I talk to him. By clarify I guess I mean stuff like:

How much should this hurt?
I've been telling my doctor (neurologist) about this pain for so long but he seems to poo-poo everything...see him for neuropathy also....and migraines. I take Percoset for migraines. Since nothing else worked for my neck, I started taking the Percoset for that-Advil, Aleve, Muscle Relaxant, Tramadol-all no help. I told the doc about 5-6 months ago that that's what I was taking for my neck but that my prescription was no longer lasting for a month as it used to and could he increase the quantity-he said he didn't want to treat something when he didn't know what he was treating-so, he didn't. No alternatives offered so I continue trying to make 30-5mg percoset last for 30 days.

Is 30 5mg Percoset in a Month excessive for what I have?
If not excessive, what would be a reasonable expectation from my doctor? It's so hard to tell if I'm just being a baby or he's just clueless.

Results: MRI Cervical Spine

c2-3 Canal and foramen are patent.

c3-4 Disc Osteophyte Complex that contacts anterior cord. Canal measures 8mm AP. Mild to Moderate bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing from facet and uncovertebral joint spurs at this level. This is worse on right side because of advanced facet disease. There is exuberant right-sided facet disease at this level.

c4-5 Mild facet disease. Canal and foramen are patent.

c5-6 Small Disc Osteophyte Complex but canal is patent. Mild bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing from degenerative disease.

c6-7 This level intact.
c7-T1 This level intact.

Impression:
Degenerative disease is worse at the C3-4 level. At this level, disc osteophyte complex abuts the anterior cord and causes mild spinal stenosis. There is exuberant right sided facet disease at this level. There is moderate bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing at C3-4.

Anybody?
Justified Pain? Or Crybaby?

Thank you in advance!
batoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote