View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Yes, Liza Jane is a nice person, LOL.

And don't worry, LJ--I actually think you may have interpreted what I said in the same way you were just mentioning--sometimes, in writing on these boards, the way a message reads, without the context of tone or body language, gives an impression different from what the writer actually intended.

I was trying to say (I think) that there's no rule against posts/threads way-off the topic of neuropathy on a neuropathy board--especially here at Neurotalk, where we're trying to have an atmosphere that is not as restrictive as the old one many people chafed under. I do find it easier, just in terms of making decisions about what to read/respond to, for such posts to be labelled as off-topic, or somehow distinguished from those that are neuropathy specific, but I'm quite happy to go through all the posts anyway without worrying if the topic may shift away from neuropathy. If being able to jump to any topic in any thread makes people more comfortable and more liable to post, I'm down with (or is it up for?) that. With my history (and many of you know it, chuckle) far be it from me to call for any sort of "posting rules".

I do think the thread has become about so many more issues, though, that it should be reprised in some other section, so more people who don't usually come here could see it and add their comments. I bet there are a lot of other people with takes on Second Life, or JL, that we don't usually run into here.

So I apologize, Liza Jane (who IS a nice person).

(I think I'm a nice person too, most of the time. What I can also be, as LJ, I think, can relate to, is damned persistent. Ah, what the heck--bulldog stubborn. It has served me well in doctor's offices--and, more often than not, on boards as well. But I imagine it's not always everyone's cup of tea.)

Last edited by glenntaj; 10-29-2006 at 12:55 PM.
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote