View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

charliebubs,

See! Just kidding...it does take awhile. And I am still keeping my fingers crossed. I should tell you too that my C5/C6 was ALSO referring pain upwards even though the majority of the pain went into my thumbs. In any case, I would still get headaches until I had that dude fused too. But that level was definitely herniated. Anyway, I asked my PM about it once and he said ANYTHING going on in the cervical spine can refer pain up or down.

And be careful with physiotherapy! I am NOT saying it is bad or worthless...just be careful! Just don't let them try to manipulate anything. I have been warned about that time and time again. However, LIGHT massage therapy is what really helped. But check this out. Last summer my NS wanted me to go into PT because my shoulders were weak and that sort of thing. I told the PT NOT to do any releases around the occiput. But before I could say stop she did it anyway! I was soooo mad! Well, then that led to a flare at the C2/C3 that lasted for a LONG time and I ended up getting injections to calm those nerves down. So, just go very easy. Another thing my PM told is NOT to let them pull on my arms; stretches and things of that nature are fine....but no manipulations and no tugging or pulling. But then again, the PT I had was VERY YOUNG. I am not so sure she knew how to deal with spinal or ON patients very well.

Ugh, I am rambling...all I am really saying is go easy so that you don't have any worsening. And I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaime_S (07-11-2008), Nik-key (07-11-2008)