View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have to say that our Vet is in a smaller town also, so don't know if that makes a diff or not, but we have been taking our pets to the Father/Son Dr's for yrs. I feel comfy there, they know my pets and I even called them from NC when I had a ? about my dog's travel meds for the plane.

When my older doxie was dx'd w/Lymphoma, the Vet said that I could spend alot of $$$$ on chemo or give her oral pred for 3 days when she goes out of remission. So far, the pred does the trick and she snaps out of it. *the pred costs $3* He said if it was him, he would not opt for the chemo. I appreciated his honesty and willingness to save me $$$.

My poochies are my babies, so I know how you pet lovers feel.

(I brush their teeth w/$8.00 a tube toothpaste every day. Mine only costs $2.50 a tube.) People couldn't believe it when I told them I was taking the younget doxie on the plane w/us and PAYING to do so. Hey, I couldn't kennel her...no way. She'd have died of separation issues. The older doxie went to DS's, but since he is gone during the day, the younger one would have pitched a fit. Gotta love those poochies.

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-10-2008)