View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi CZ,
What you are discribing sounds very much like a myoclonic sz. or possibly and tonic clonic (grand mal) sz. Yes, the splenda is just like nutra sweet so I would stay away from that.
Women have a harder time than most men when it comes to sz. because the hormones changing each month can trigger sz. Estrogen gets high causing more excitment in the nervous system while the progesterone level goes down and it's progesterone that helps calm a persons nerves. In regards to the diet it is very much like the atkins diet but more strict. You can buy the book titled: " The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" by Dr. John Freeman this book discribes the diet and how it stops sz. for many people. I had a cousin that was on the diet and flew airplanes during WWII and he never had a single sz. but after he got out of the military and came home he went off the diet and his sz. started again. The diet has been around since 1927.
Migraines is how I started when I was a kid I would get the wicked headaches and within time it lead to epilepsy. Often there is a connection between the to. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote