View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That was a fun read with my morning coffee. Thanks!!

Here are mine (the first one applies just now because I'm thinking of making Christmas cookies and wondering if I should use the 'gums' this year :

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlindeb25 View Post
You know you're a celiac if...

...at Christmas, visions of guar gum dance in your head.

...you've ever had to give a doctor a crash course in Celiac 101.

...you've ever "brown bagged it" to an elegant dinner engagement.

...you've ever driven more than 40 miles to buy flour or a cookie.

.........You pace and circle the store three or four times when deciding on a new product, pick it up look at the ingredients, each time. Only to leave without it, figuring why bother.

.......you are up late at night trying to develop a recipe for pizza without flour, cheese, yeast, tomatoes, beef, garlic and oregano.

.......you can spell transglutaminase and dermatitis herpetiformis.

......you just discovered how to make flour out of turnips.

....having solid poop is the highlight of your day.

…you read the ingredient label on green tea - plain green tea.

….there is a separate cabinet in your kitchen dedicated solely to all your supplements (vitamins, BCQ, digestive enzymes, etc.)

….you talk about your disease (not the unpleasant parts) so much to your friends and acquaintances that your husband tells you you need to get another hobby

..... Your friend invites you over for your birthday and want to make you a gluten free birthday cake but you plead with them not to, because although you're trying to seem like you don't want to put them through the hassle, you're secretly terrified there will be cross contamination.

...your 'favorites' sites are mostly celiac sites;
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote