View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Following up on comments on Reiki...

I was "attuned" to practice Reiki a couple of months ago, after having had it used on me to good effect. The Master who initiated me said that I was probably the easiest individual to attune that she'd ever seen. It was like I was already doing it and just needed to be put in the right channel--or something like that. I don't know how it works, it just does. My background coming into it was Christian healing prayer. I use Reiki to alleviate my own pain and to draw peacefulness and clarity to the few others I've practiced on. My experience has been limited by the fact that most of this time I've been homebound or in the hospital. With someone else, it feels like a surge of life's energy (the Chi or Qi or the "ki" in Reiki, or pure Love) goes through my body and out my hands. I can also feel an intense and detached love for the person I'm touching. It's an intensely spiritual experience. Results? I don't know, I don't quantify or count these things. The spirituality alone is enough for me.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote