View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, all these stories. I never would have believed that parents allow drugs in the house if I didn't know a couple personally who did just that.

This was over 30 years ago. The parents smoked pot every single night. They inherited a house, they are now in foreclosure because all their money goes to drugs.

They are in their late 50's now. I always thought drug use was among the young. I have found this not to be the case.

But what I found very disturbing was that when they go to visit their son who is 37 years old and lives in a mansion with a pool, that they ALL SMOKE POT TOGETHER.

I have never heard of such a thing in all my life. The guy's wife is trying to get pregnant so she's the only one who doesn't smoke pot.

I think it gets to the brain and they rationalize that "well, we're still alive, we still get a buzz, so what's wrong with it?"

It's amazing how the mind rationalizes these things.

I think parents should stop trying to be their kid's best friend and start acting like parents.

That means "no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol" in the house.

Yeah, from my lips to god's ears!!!!

Thanks to you all for informing me about what's going on in today's drug culture.

I really learned a lot.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY