View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
Hi I have RSD and am usually on that forumn- but I have had something new happen and I think someone here might be able to help me. I had what I think is a brain seizure this week. it woke me up in the middle of the night, it was terrifying. i was shaking violently - but it was definitely my brain- or in my skull- its hard to describe. My body tremors - I thought from the rsd have been increaseing in the last two months. Now since Ihave had these seizures I am wondering what it is? if it is something else? The next one I had also was at night and was accompanied by full body tightness and terrible frightening like dreams like someone was trying to hurt me. I woke up like i was fighting for my life but my whole body was like it was in a vice and shaking.
Very scary. One other thing that two weeks ago I thought was from medications - but I was having a PICC line put in and I was hallucinating- acutally talking to people who were not in the room - but it was very real to me. so it was visual and auditory. My Pain management doctor changed one of my meds and they stopped. But now I am wondering if they had something to do with the seizures? Please help with advice if you can. Thanks so much. I did have a fall a few weeks ago and hit my head pretty hard? But didnt have a concussion or at least I dont think so. Thats all I can think of that might be related. Thank you again- has anyone had anything like this?CZ
Below in another reply you mentioned you had ketamine treatments. Did they work for you at all? How long ago was that? If I was you, that is the first place I would look at as at least part of the cause of your current problem. It is a strong and powerful medicine and the side effects are known to last for a very long time. Ketamine can cause hallucinations and other side effects long after the treatments.

Since they stopped when your doctor stopped one of your meds, apparently he knew what caused it. What did he say?

thematrix777
theMatrix777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote