View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Funny how one's perspective on holiday pyrotechnics changes with age! I distinctly remember being really enthusiastic about personally firing off rockets, roman candles, arial reports and firecrackers in general between the ages of 10 or so until about 30. It was about that time that my own children began getting interested in them and I was faced with the prospect of their possible injury as a result of careless handling of fireworks. Since then my enthusiasm has cooled considerably to the point that I only enjoy watching displays, and then preferably at a distance of a half mile or more. This July 4, I was reminded of this when my 14-year old grandson was insistent on putting on his own show. I dutifully monitored his and his friends explosive activites as they and other people on the street blasted away. The only mishap was the malfunction of what was supposed to be an arial starburst report that failed to launch and exploded on the ground. Our poor dog was a nervous wreck by the time it was all over. She hid under whatever she could find and shook so badly we though she was going to have convulsions.

Steve, I hope you are feeling better. I'm pretty much the same as usual. I have an appointment with my neurologist next Friday.

Rosie, I would be happy to share some of this Louisiana summertime heat with you if I could find a way to get it to Vancouver efficiently.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote