View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow i can't believe i found all of YOU with nickel allergy!!

I have been dealing with redness around my mouth that would come and go for about 4 years now, no Doctor has pin pointed what it was, until now. I went last week to the Dermatologist and the begin “patch” testing, I had to live with 127 patches covering my back for 2 days, then go a week with getting my back wet, my god was that unbearable, especially b/c it has been so humid where I live.

Well I went today to see the results of it. It was pretty plain and simple to see that I had no other reaction to any of the patches except for one. The Nickel patch! As she talked to me about the foods and all the different things I touch through the day that have nickel in them, including my engagement ring. Must say I was quiet overwhelmed at all of this and tears welled up in my eyes!

This is all happening so fast reading over the restrictions and what i cant eat or touch, i work at a library and everything is metal or has metal in it. Ive been told just to aviod touching my face after coming in contact with medals. This is going to be very hard....

The food list is crazy of what you can’t eat. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, b/c it seems like ill be living on a Brussels sprout and carrot diet w/NO margarine. I guess easy weight loss for the wedding, lol. If anyone can help with any advice to dealing with this please, let me know.

I have some papers from my dr.s that have the dietary restrictions on it ill have to sit and post all the information plus the site for lotions, creams, medicine, soap and make-up that are ok... ill post that at a later time. not enough time right now, plus im at work lol.
Snow Bunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote