View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve - those pictures you posted are beautiful. I really miss being near the water. We're headed to Hawaii in August and I can't wait to get into the ocean! My dream is to spend the rest of my life near the ocean, but it has to be a sunny location most of the year! I don't ask for much, do I?

The 4th is tough on our dog too. She shakes like crazy and we had to get meds from the vet in order to help her get through the night. I feel bad that I have to drug her, but it's the better option. Otherwise she's so miserable.

When we were younger, we used to go to the local Indian reservation and pick up really insane, wicked fireworks. Nobody I knew ever got hurt, which was a miracle, because truth be told, we were nowhere near responsible with them! But now that I'm older, I just have no desire for them anymore. Where we currently live, all personal fireworks are illegal with a $1000 fine if you get caught, but people still fire them off anyway.

I've been playing with a video editing program my wife has on her computer and put together a little sample of some speeches I've done. I managed to get it posted to You Tube but am having trouble embedding them on my website. I really should think about taking some computer classes. It's amazing what you can do now on your home computer, but sometimes learning to actually do it is so overwhelming! I think the secret is to find a 10 year old with a Mac and he could probably do it all in about 10 minutes without even trying hard!

I'm not recovering from my auto accident very well. I get dystonia from my PD on the right side of my neck and upper shoulders and the whiplash is on my left neck, shoulder, and back. So turning my head in any direction can be brutal. Thankfully the PT got me a TENS unit and I can send electrical currents into my left side all day, which helps a great deal. Much better and more effective than taking more drugs.

Looking forward to Atlanta and the YOPN in August. I hope some of you are able to make the trip this year. Should be a great time.

Have a great week everyone!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote