View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I think I'm a nice person too!!

Want to know why?? yesterday I bought 3 lbs of ground up turkey. I planned to make turkey patties, and freeze them, which is what I do all the time.
So when Alan wants his turkey burger, with no salt tomato sauce and 3 splendas, he can have it when he wants.

Well, when I got home I found out that I had purchaed 3 lbs of frozen ground turkey. It was in the process of thawing out.

So what was I to do?? I thawed it over night, and this morning, made a 3 lb turkey meatloaf with chopped carrots, zucchinis celery and onions. with everything else you put into a meatloaf...

Alan had to mix the whole thing because my hands don't work sometimes as I have arthritis.

So there I was with this 4 lbs or so of a meatloaf ready to be cooked.

I cooked it, took it out. It was scrumptious. But what the heck are Alan and I going to do with this big fat meatloaf?

It would take us all week to eat it, I heard that if you freeze meatloaf, it doesnt' taste the same. So here I was in my kitchen with this big tremendous meatloaf.

So I cut it in half. Put it in a tinfoil thing. Covered it, went outside to my upstairs neighbors who are from lebanon and the nicest people. The guys' wife died of mad cow disease 4 years ago and he's alone most of the time.

I ring their bell and you should have seen the look on one of the daughter's faces when I said "you have to do me a favor, you have to take this meatloaf, I made 4 lbs of it and who on earth can eat this in my house, we are just two people". She burst out laughing and said "wow, sure, thanks".

so I fed all the people upstairs. Good feeling, believe me.

Melody

see, no more second life talk.
Now we're talking about meatloaf......
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote