View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Julie

This has got to be hard for you. I have a difficult time relating to situations like this because I was so close to my Mom. I miss her a lot.

I tend to think that you're probably going to have to wait for her to make the first move. Unless you can talk to your Aunt and have her tell her to call you.

Do you want to have a relationship with her? I know that sounds like a strange question - but it's just a fact of life that not all mothers and daughters get along...or even like each other.

You have a lot going on in your life right now that you have to consider....what with raising 7 children, your health, the fact that she doesn't get along with your DH. It sounds like she might add a whole new stress to your life.

But...she is your Mom and this experience might have changed her thinking just a bit. You'll have to decide if you want a relationship with her - and if you do you might just have to be the bigger person and make the first move.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JessieSue (07-09-2008), momXseven (07-09-2008), snoozie (07-09-2008)