View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
I can’t seem to stop moving and my mind is racing terribly. I’m not sure if it’s from the Abilify or the Effexor which I’m still trying to adjust to.

Quote:
Do you have any signs that you are on the onset of mania? I’m not sure if I’m just in a happy mood (and have a fetish about folding towels) or am I heading for a manic episode?
Hi,
I don't get classic mania so I can't tell you what the warning signs are. Someone else can.

Here's a site for an online mood journal: http://moodtracker.com/

It is possible to have more than one mood at a time --especially if you are having racing thoughts. If I were making my own mood chart I would come up with symbols similiar to the simlies:

Then I would circle which ones apply from like 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm to 8:00pm and then maybe 6:00 pm to 8 am. Or whatever,.... you get the right idea. Then I would write in RACING THOUGHTS. The pdoc really needs to take care of this. You don't have to wait until Thursday. Put in a call now/today.

Some pdocs do not prescribe anti-depressants for bipolars. Maybe the Effexor is getting you wired and anxious (did you say anxious?). But be careful and don't just stop taking it. Most people need to taper off Effexor.

Or the Abilify could be making the problem worse instead of better. It does that sometimes. Let the pdoc know what is going on. The mood charts will help when you get into the office. It is good to have things on paper so you don't forget.

My note is scattered and all over the place. Sorry but I wanted to respond.
Don't feel bad that it took you awhile to embrace the bipolar dx. Everyone needs their own time frame -- not one minute more and not one minutes less.
Take it easy if you can. Call the pdoc.
Mari