View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm worried about information that may not help others here. This was stated in a post in this thread.

>>>>> Nerves can take a long time to regenerate, but scar tissue can form quickly and more you do, more scar tissue may form.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This was taken out of an article on sholder surgery with the link below it. >>>However, after surgery scar tissue will tend to recur and limit movement unless motion is started immediately.>>>>

There's so much out there I thought I would just link one because others can look up sites for themselves.

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/uw/...s/Default.aspx

First, scar tissue forms outside the body. The more you may do the bigger the scar may become and the thicker it may turn out.

It is ADHESIONS that form INSIDE the body post surgery. Most in healthcare say "scar tissue" because the general public can relate to it. But it really is adhesions. If you do a Google search for adhesions most if not all say early movement in any type of shoulder surgery will help PREVENT formation of adhesions. Also, I know the docs in Denver say move post op TOS surgery or you will have more issues. So do the PT people out there. When I had my surgery both Brantigan & Annest said start to move your arm. The nurses had instructions on the floor until we could get to PT with Paula.

So, for the sake of understanding medical terminology and making sure people here have correct information was the reason for this reply. It's hard when so many have different experiences because no one is the same, but when you gleam information (especially medical) off of Internet sites do your homework and look all the information up so you can make an informed decision on which direction you'll go.

And always, check with, and ask questions of your doctor about any medical concern you have.
bettertoser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote