View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
Judging by what you told us about him he doesn't mind being alone. And people who don't mind being alone can't relate to those who want to just "be" with someone else. Plus...he's a man and men just think differently than we do.

I used to get all bent out of shape by some of the things my DH would say....until one day I realized that he was just never going to understand how I think. Same way I was not going to understand his thought process. When he'd ask me why I wanted to do something or why I reacted a certain way to something he said all I had to say was "because that's how I feel" and he would back off. He knew if he pursued it he'd get a whole conversation about feelings and no man wants to go through that!!

HereKitty is right. Things my hubby did before didn't bother me as much as now when I'm more disabled and not as independent.. He has changed in respsponse to my "new normal" but think I've changed more. He doesn't see what is important to me now, how my needs differ and how things I didn't mind before bother me now. I find I need to state things I think should be obvious, he won't fogure out on his own. Not to start a male/female debate, I do find my teen daughter better at most issues (she's very matter of fact) then her twin brother.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (07-11-2008), Nik-key (07-11-2008)