View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

So if I'm not going to get a picture with the new box.

I'M NOT BUYING A NEW BOX.

Want to know what really scares me??

The day we have to replace the living room tv. It's a Sony. about 20 inches. and of course everybody we know has these GIGANTIC FLAT SCREEN TV'S IN THEIR LIVING ROOMS.

Some are on top of huge tv carts. Some are hanging on the wall.

Last night I went to a neighbor's home She's 27 years old. well-off and has everything new in the apartment.

I saw this humongous tv just free floating on her white wall.

I said: How is this attached? I then went behind the tv and saw these HUGE brackets holding the tv to the wall.

I said: "who did this for you". Her ex boyfriend, that's who!!!

I would LOVE to get this ex boyfriend to come to MY house (if I ever buy a big tv that is ) and hook it up for me.

Now here's my question.

They don't make regular tv's any more. They are all High Definition, right?

I only have regular cable. We do not want to pay more for HD channels because we have a regular tv.

So what happens, if let's say we buy some 37 inch flat screen tv, (Not to hang on a wall, but just to put on one of our tv carts, it would hold, we have big tv carts).

Would the tv work. Can I just take the cable from the back of my now tv, and just insert it on the back of the new big tv when I buy it.

Would the fact that it is in high definition, well, what kind of a picture would I be getting?

I went to the tv store that sells all these big tvs. I asked the question. (Now, I am NOT a stupid woman), I know how to ask a question.

The guy said "well, it depends if you subscribe to the service from Directv, blah blah"

I said: "I'm not subscribing to any new service. Just regular Directv".

He then said "why not?" oh my god, I walked out.

Can't someone just tell me that if I buy a big 37 inch tv (It has to have a headphone jack, and many do, because I checked some of them)

So let's say Melody saves her money, wants to surprise Alan and goes into PC Richards and buys a 37 inch Flat Screen TV (They don't sell any other kind by the way).

So I bring it home. Can I just hook it up, and BAM, there will be my picture on the screen.

This is what happened when I bought a little 13 inch for my bedroom. I just unplugged the cable from the older smaller tv (that broke), and just put it in the back of the newer 13 inch that I just bough. BAM, there was my soap opera.

Now can I expect the same with some new big HD 37 inch thing that I want to buy?

Please tell me i don't have to go through hoops, hire someone to install this big tv thing.

I'm really serious.

Tv's don't last forever.

Alan would LOVE to see his movies up there on a big tv.

I'm probably the only person on my block who doesn't have a 55 inch tv.

I couldn't care less.

I'm just talking about the day when the living room tv DOES break down.

thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote