View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Politics Momma's Insight...Controversy & Rights

Recently my neice sent an email regarding Mcdonald's and their refusal to remain neutral in the American Family Assoc. and the issues they have with gay and lesbian organizations. The article states that Mcdonald's should be boycotted because of this.

I sent back a not very polite response, asking why didn't they mention the Ronald Mcdonald house that has helped many families that can't afford lodgings when families need a place to stay? Why this one issue? Obviously she didn't like my response, I also responded to that one...I doubt she will be speaking to me in the very near future.

The AFA also threatened Wal-Mart with a boycott once before and they backed down from supporting the orginizations. I do whole heartedly believe in the traditional family. However, since when is it ok, to be a big bully because you don't like someone? This is the impression I get from reading about the AFA...we don't like gay people so we gonna take out our big stick and beat the crap outta ya if ya hire, support, or don't agree with us!!

Before you go jumpin around, gettin yer underwear all in a wad...I'm not against the AFA, neither do I think they have the right to bully. I don't condone the gay lifestyle, but it is not my place or anyone else's to be the bully on this issue. I used to get calls from the AFA requesting I buy their movies, I did buy a few...got tired of them calling and asked if they had one called...Debbie does Delia and Dottie. Well they quit calling, guess I would also.

I might not agree or condone any one person's lifestyle, gay or not...but who am I to judge these people and make threats against others because of it? I thought that was God's job...is the AFA and people like them now taking over His job? Well, I hope He fires them. If two men want to get married or two women, I say let them. I might not agree, but it sure as wet rags hangin in the wind is none of my business!!

Before you go thinkin what you thinking...I have lost two dear friends to the Aids virus and had to listen to people say...They got what they deserved!! Did they really, they never hurt anyone, never pointed fingers at anyone...just lived their lives. John, told me once...the reason I love you so much is I know you hate my lifestyle, but you never judged me and loved me anyway. Isn't that what trusting in God, and love is about...or is it to be a bully and threaten others because they are trying to live in a democracy rather than a dictatorship country?

Will I ever march in a Pride parade, no, simply because I believe God created man and woman. However, if that is not your choice, it truly is not the only sin out there. There are seven deadly sins to be exact...and we all commit them every day.

In closing, this is not to be a bashing but a thought rendering of why people seem to see the bad in any circumstance, not just gay marriages, but others also and think it is ok to say...You do this or we will not shop at your business, and then tell others to do the same.

EXCUSE ME!! I have my own mind and I will damn well shop where I please and if the person that waits on me is, gay, black, chinese, indian or polka dot...as long as I am treated with respect...guess what!!

I DON'T CARE!!

Now, remember to do something good for yourself, and think of other's feelings when dealing with a difficult situation.

Momma Sez...

If you don't want my opinion, then keep yours to yourself.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (07-10-2008), ewizabeth (07-10-2008), FinLady (07-10-2008), FranksAngel (07-10-2008), Jappy (07-10-2008), KathyM (07-10-2008), PolarExpress (07-10-2008), SandyC (07-10-2008), suzyqz_2007 (07-10-2008), weegot5kiz (07-10-2008), who moi (07-10-2008), willird2 (07-10-2008)