View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
Hey guys,

I know I have tp's and tos and myofacial pain and now they are saying maybe fibro.......bag of worms......

I have been having tp mt for a while now with good results but lately I have had to have no tp treatment at all in my sessions once a week as I flare up massively with the tp treatment. I am at my wits end with this really you think you have something figured out then you get messed up and new wrenches are thrown into the mix!!!!

not that this helps anybody....just my situation.

take care all,
hugs,
Victoria

Vic- I sometimes have the same problem....i have MT once every two weeks for 1.5 hours. The guy i go to is trained in meuromuscular massage as well. Most times, he does some amazing things that make me feel better, others he'll hit something a little too hard and I'll have a month of flare...(just came off one of those). When I get the flares Ijust amp up the meds and rest, stay away from the MT for a while. When it subsides i go back and we proceed in the touchy areas more carefully. It is such a mixed bag. blech.

In the end, I think it is a learning process. I went to him for about 6 months before the first major breakthrough. one day, all of the sudden my back pain just really really diminished. Even though it has come back a little from time to time it usually goes away again after a session, and it hasn't been as bad as it used to be for a really long time.

i can't even tell you exactly what he did, he just seems to know how to get what i need done most of the time. It definitely is a combination of working legs, back, arms, shoulders and neck, though. I think my hamstrings and quadratus muscles play a large role in keeping my back so useless....

anyhoo...just my 2cents. nice to see you back, i bet the calgary weather is lovely this time of year. The sierras are wonderful but I have been itching to get to the rockies of late.

johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (07-10-2008)