View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I agree Momma. To threaten to remove themselves or boycott due to an establishment hiring what they don't consider "proper" is very judgemental. I have found as I get older that those who claim to be loving, respectful sects (meaning SOME churches, organizations, etc.) are the very ones judging like crazy! If one doesn't believe as they do they are not part of them? This is why I watch church on TV and don't get involved with organizations that are one sided.

This is a true story. When NIU had that horrible shooting back in February one such group decided to come to the campus and "preach" why these students deserved to be killed because they sinned against God. My youngest son who is a Christian, (yet still a sinner, aren't we all?) stood tall on his side to preach love to these people. He went so far as to interview the head person of this group prior to this and the head person started singing to him how glorious it was that people were being murdered and God was showing us how we have sinned against him. It was all so strange to believe this was truly happening. But no matter how hurt we were by what they said, we respected their right to believe what they wanted. Who are we to tell them they are wrong? Just because we don't believe in that or don't understand didn't give us that right.

Anyway, my point is I don't give a rats booty what a person does as long as it doesn't harm me or my loved one's. I am not God nor can or want to pass judgment on others when I too have sinned one way or another. A sin is a sin and we are not the all knowing of what constitutes what a sin is right? Leave it to the big man above to decide, that is how I live. Now, this doesn't mean I am without wrong doing as stated before. I have judged and I know it's wrong. I should restate that to I pray I can be be less judgemental and more loving and respectful towards others.

One of my best friends was baptized with me in a Catholic church. He was gay and had HIV. We were dunked in the same water, held hands and cried and laughed together. He was my brother in Christ and together we gave our lives to God. How is that wrong?
FinLady (07-10-2008), FranksAngel (07-10-2008), Jappy (07-10-2008), soxmom (07-10-2008), suzyqz_2007 (07-10-2008), weegot5kiz (07-10-2008), who moi (07-10-2008)