View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Momma's Kids, it's refreshing to hear this from you.

When my son was young I took him to several different churches. I'm not a Christian, but I figured it was only fair to allow him to experience what I experienced as a kid and make up his own mind on religion.

It was real hard finding a church that wasn't inadvertently preaching hate, discrimination and separatism. My son found a place that was fun for him and his friend's father was the pastor of the church. When he came home one day after a special service during the week, I asked him about the message. He said it was a service dedicated to teaching about the "evils" of being gay. The instruction? "Just don't do it - if you do, you will go to Hell."

Hmmm, I always wondered why my son's friend had such a vicious hatred of gay people and wanted to send them to Hell. I always wondered why my son's friend considered himself a "Christian warrior."

I'm not homosexual and never will be, but I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just love and affection. I'm happy when I hear my homosexual friends have found love and affection in their lives. We all have the same needs in that area. Besides, it's not like we have a problem with underpopulation, and it's not "contagious."

I get it though. To some the idea of homosexuality is creepy - really creepy. Big deal. If it's too creepy, you can always stop peeping into the window and turn your head, lol. If it's someone close to you, get your head out of the gutter and stop thinking about your loved one having sex, lol. It does NOT justify discrimination, oppression or murder.

I always thought one of the BIG messages was to "love your neighbor." There is no disclaimer about "except the creepy ones."

The AFA's attempts aren't about doing "God's will." It's about trying to destroy gay people by taking away their livelihoods (trying to force corporations not to hire them).
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (07-10-2008), FranksAngel (07-10-2008), suzyqz_2007 (07-10-2008), who moi (07-10-2008)